Four Benefits Of Cloud Based Phone Systems For Small Businesses
Though the world continues to become more technology driven and business is increasingly conducted online, phones still play an important role in everyday business. When it comes to sales, phone calls are still an important lifeline, helping to account for about $1 trillion in consumer spending.
As companies continue to conduct more business online and communicate more through cloud-based computing, going to a cloud-based phone system or a hybrid phone system is the sensible thing to do, even for small businesses. For many businesses, big and small, cloud based phone systems have come en vogue.
Just what is a cloud based phone system? As the name implies, it’s a phone service hosted by a cloud service, which means no phone lines and that your calling data is stored on a secured server. It works well for small businesses because it eliminates the need for wiring, phone bills and even answering machine tape since everything is stored digitally.
For small businesses, a cloud based phone system can offer many benefits including:
- Cost savings: A cloud based phone system will save your business money because you’re no longer having to pay for miles and miles of wiring or the cost of a land line that you might barely use. Instead, it allows your business to change with the times for a fraction of what you’re likely paying right now.
- Time savings: Saving money is great, but using this kind of phone system can also save your business and your employees a lot of time too. No longer will you have to waste time with setting up a traditional phone system or having to keep records on paper (that might be easily misplaced). Since everything is digitally stored, it can be easily found.
- Remote access: If your business’ employees work remotely from the office, a cloud based phone system can easily be linked with multiple cell phones. This makes it easy to keep in contact with your employees and makes them more mobile instead of having to be tied to a desk.
- Advancements: As previously mentioned, today’s business world moves pretty fast and companies of all sizes would do well to keep up. With a cloud based phone system, a small business will have essential advanced features like call forwarding, message management, voicemail and business SMS to name a few. Think of it as a lot of traditional features you used to get from an old office phone, but made a lot easier and more tech-friendly.
Let’s examine some of the features mentioned above a little more closely, so you can see just how they can benefit your small business:
- Call forwarding: You’ll be able to forward calls to basically anyone, whether you need to forward calls to a support team, development team or customer service desk.
- Voicemail: You’ll be able to record your own voicemail, have the ability to read voicemails online and be able to set up multiple voicemails among other features.
- Message management: Unlike a traditional phone system, you’ll be able to manage messages, voicemails and other vital sources of information a lot easier.
- Business SMS: You’ll be able to send and receive text messages from either your company’s local number or toll-free number.
You may be impressed with the benefits and features of a cloud-based phone system, but you may still be wondering, why will it be good for my business? You’ll appear professional to customers (and perhaps a lot bigger than your business really is) with the advanced features that such a system offers. You’ll also be able to save a great deal of time and money because you’ll have a system in place that’s equipped to help you conduct business with today’s consumer.
As of 2017, 37% of the United States is involved in at least part-time telecommuting and the global enterprise mobility is estimated to reach a whopping $500 billion by 2020. With a cloud based business phone system or at least a VoIP phone system for business, your company will be able to be productive, mobile and adaptable, ensuring that you have a place in the current business climate.