Why Are So Many Companies Migrating to a Cloud Based Network Stack?
Today’s technology is an increasingly complex platform to understand. Just as many people feel that they are finally able to understand the changing nature of their personal technology and the technology that they interact with on a day to day basis, it seems that the cloud computing and storage platforms continue to both expand and become more complicated.
While it may have been a simple matter of working with the one data storage center that was available to your company 10 years ago, today’s business world is a complex network of selecting a Meraki reseller to work with and deciding to upgrade to the highest levels of Meraki support that is offered. And while there are several providers when it comes to firewalls and the many security measures that are needed in today’s business world, an increasing number of companies select one provider, like a Meraki reseller, so that they can easily access and upgrade their systems whenever necessary.
Understanding the three basic components of cloud computing is no longer enough to navigate the complicated meetings and planning sessions that many companies instigate. Just because you now thoroughly understand the differences between infrastructure, platform, and software does not mean that you have enough information to help your company make the best cloud computing decisions. And while there are entire data and infrastructure teams that make the majority of cloud computing decisions for most companies, it is always in your best interest to at least understand the basics when you find yourself in a meeting that consists of discussions of the benefits of Meraki access point components and other Meraki equipment components.
Consider some of these other facts and figures about the cloud computing and data storage industries:
- 60% of businesses were utilizing cloud for IT related work in 2013, according siliconangle.com data.
- 50% of survey respondents indicate that their organization currently transfers sensitive or confidential data to the cloud.
- 80% of IT budgets are used for routine maintenance, which often includes both software and hardware upgrades.
- 80% of companies that migrating to the cloud saw improvements within six months of this transition.
- 99% reliability, including local network functions still working if the Meraki dashboard went down, is provided by systems redundant data centers.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.