Metal mesh facade is an architectural construction fabric material widely used for renovating existing structures and giving new building distinct aesthetic looks with energy-saving capabilities.
These metal fabric materials are used in various applications including office buildings, airports, casinos, shopping malls, hotels, and restaurants and other upscale places.
Advantages of Architectural Metal Mesh
Generally, metal mesh facades are used for their functionality but they are also being used as protective and decorative sustainable building materials. Here are the main advantages of metal mesh walls.
- Sustainability and Recyclability: The cable and materials of metal fabrics are typically 60% recycled materials and 40% new materials. In fact, the stainless steel used in metal fabrics contains greater than 60% post-industrial and post-consumer content recycled material.
- Durability: Metal fabrics are made of high-quality materials that can withstand the extreme environment and offer superior durability. Corrosion-resistant stainless steel offer exterior mesh facades protection against rust, acid and alkali.
- Beautiful Appearance: Building facades come in a range of standard and custom-designs to transform any idea into a reality. There are more classical options like stainless steel, copper, brass, and bronze mesh that create beautiful architectural visual effects to draw attention.
- Protective: The mesh facades not only improve appearance but offer protective elements particularly for high-class building facade cladding and other premium applications.
- Range of weave designs and specifications: Meta mesh facades are of different types of openings to suit different facade cladding needs. Depending on the weave, a 50% open area allows for high visibility and optimum airflow.
Transparent Media Facades
Metal mesh facades are being integrated with LED technology to convert building surface into a screen advertising media of communication. Digital media facades feature LED nodes that create dynamic lighting when mounted to the exterior building surface. The LED nodes are digitally controlled to produce deeply vivid color across the color spectrum with the ability to display elegant illumination arts that triggers emotions and captivates the mind.
Commonly used for outdoor commercial displays, and motion billboards, media facades are rich in additives colors that instantly excite you from far. For this reason, they are widely used in sports arenas, hotels and restaurants, and in most retail amenities.
Different types of Architectural Mesh Facades
When it comes to choosing wall cladding facades, you have plenty of options in terms of materials and designs. Initially, metal fabrics used to come from aluminum elements including plastic and nylon yarns. However, modern industrial metal fibers are made from more quality metals such as stainless steel, copper, aluminum and premium options like titanium and nickel.
Let’s take a look at the three different types of metal mesh facades.
- Flexible Cable Fabrics: As the name suggests these fabrics are made with a single-precision wire cable with solid wire interlacing in the warp and weft direction to form a metal fabric that is both flexible and stable.
- Rigid Fabrics
Woven in a warp and weft directions, solid wires are braided together for a stiff fabric. Rigid metal fabrics are ideal for cabinetry, partitions and ceilings.
- Flexible Cable Fabrics:Flexible cable fabrics feature a precision wire cable and solid wire woven in a warp and weft direction to form a flexible and strong metal fabric.
- Rigid Mesh: Are woven in warp and weft direction to form a horizontally strong decorative metal fabric. Their strength makes them ideal for partitions, frame railing cabinetry and ceilings.
- Helix Metal Fabrics is a flexible wire mesh with decorative elements, ideally suited for partitions, parking facade, and ceilings. The interlacing solid and crimped connected wire are woven in clockwise and anticlockwise alternating directions.
Importance of Metal Fabric Solar Management
In addition to decorative elements, architectural metal fabrics allow a building to save on heat and cooling costs by ensuring efficient sun shading. Buildings that use wire mesh partition provide optimum airflow and high visibility, creating a cool and productive working place. Additionally, metal mesh facade protects inside of the building from intense light.
When choosing between rigid, flexible and helix architectural metal mesh, consider the design and materials and match them to your specific building cladding needs. Whether you’re looking for a functional, decorative or protective metal mesh, you can be sure to find the right style to complement your building’s curb appeal.
Trackback from your site.