5 Quick but Effective Tips for a Better SEO-Focused Web Design
Search engine optimization is one of the most important internet marketing strategies that a small business can invest in today, but it’s important to remember that before starting any SEO service, there’s one issue you need to address first: your website design!
A great SEO company will also serve as a web development firm, making it easy to optimize your web design perfectly for your SEO campaign. But if you want to get a head start on making your website as effective and visually appealing as possible, here are just a few tried-and-true tips from the web design experts:
- Make sure to fill out everything as completely as possible — don’t leave your visitors hanging with empty pages of “More coming soon!” and with 404 pages. Not only is this frustrating for visitors on your site, but Google’s algorithm doesn’t look favorably on this.
- If you’re hoping to get into local SEO services, make sure you register your business with Google and make sure your contact information is consistent with the info listed on your website. Try to include basic info (phone number, address, hours of operation, etc.) on every single page in the same spot.
- Ease of navigation is another important aspect of web design. When your website is too difficult to navigate, visitors won’t bother staying; the time spent on your website does have an effect on your SEO ranking results, so you want visitors to hang out for a while!
- Part of navigation ease is making sure that your pages load quickly right after visitors click on links. To address slow-loading webpages, make sure you aren’t bogging the page down with too much media content.
- As far as content goes, try to format it (or re-format it) to be as simple as possible. Internet users tend to prefer content in lists or bullet points rather than big paragraphs since users rarely actually read all the content on a website; instead, they tend to scan a page and then focus on certain points that grab their attention.
Of course, there are plenty of additional tips and tricks for creating a better web design — the five tips above are just the tip of the iceberg! What ideas do you have for creating a better website?